Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Eat Blogs For Breakfast, And Right Now I'm Very Hungry!

Blogging at work is so much fun. ^____^;

I know what you're thinking: how can you seriously be blogging on the job? And after only two weeks of being hired? C'mon, AJ -- that's a recipe for disaster!

Well, I wouldn't bother blogging under normal circumstances, but when I'm guarding the front desk from the EVIL INVADERS OF DARKNESS that apparently lurk in the shadows and steal cuts of our trailers (okay, and the early versions of movies they're for), I have very little else to do than self-entertain on the computer.

I've made a goal/habit of filling a small notepad with new character designs -- one per page, front and back -- for fifty pages. The idea is, with 100 little doodads and doodettes trolling around my notebook, there should be at least a couple decent ideas among a plethora of stinkers. That's the hope, anyway. Whether this proves to be a brilliant strategy or an exercise in futility has yet to be determined, but as a concept, it's so far been pretty sweet. I'm definitely noticing a severe lack in creativity regarding body shapes, hands, and feet.

I'm also desperately searching for a character design that can be used as the general 'resident' of whatever this bushhog/wizard/bunny/clown/pirate world is. The Mushroom Kingdom has Toads; Animal Crossing has animals; the Simpsons have... well, "humans." So what default *creature* makes up the majority population in "wizard land?" It's a challenge, since the character needs to maintain the same cuteness and appeal, but be entirely adaptable to various costumes and occupations. And to that end, these characters really need to have legs and arms. Going about their daily jobs would be infinitely more complicated without limbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment