Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Open The Chest... Stab The Blog...

This is one of those blogs I shouldn't be writing (timestamp: 3:00am), but I wanted to spew a quick update out onto the web. SO HERE'S THE UPDATE: nothing much is happening.

We wrapped the first episode of Eisenstein's new show, "SPITEFULLY YOURS," and are gearing up for immediate production on his second episode next week. This evening, I got to spend several hours drawing ("cartooning") the comic-book-style opening title sequence, which shows Eisenstein and his roommate, Jerry, in a number of "typical" mishaps around the apartment. Cut to the theme song and integrated with Beard's special Spitefully font, it's looking delicious. Got some tweaks to accomplish tomorrow, along with color correction and so forth, but we're otherwise ready for voices.

And did I mention we're CAST? E's got a new voice! We're so stoked and excited! Recording for his lines will begin very soon. This should keep us still on track to premiere the pilot online next weekend. Methinks some sort of party is in order...

Meanwhile, we finally decided on a direction to take the show's third episode, and so I got to work scripting that tonight. I'm amazed that even the simplest ideas become the most devilishly clever once Eisenstein becomes part of the mix. At this rate, we could set up an episode entirely about dental floss and he could STILL crack a few solids and leave us with a five-minute time killer.

Oops, reminds me. The official website/mock-up blog, "Spitefully Yours," needs posts before the pilot premieres and attracts visitors, so for the next few days (weeks), I'm going to be splitting some efforts scrawling out segments for it.

Wow! This is so exciting! Our web show is so close to taking off! And there's so much to do and so little time to do it! But it keeps me busy! And I LIKE IT!


Oh, and I also got the chance to stop by Open Road Films today and help record a behind-the-scenes featurette for the Bold Native DVD. I pretty much said all the wrong things for a steady hour. We'll see how well they can trim around the worst remarks. If they can find 15 seconds of gold among that, I'll be mighty impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment